For a while now, I have been meaning to do a post on projects in progress
and I will,
when I come up for air.
But none of these PiPs (projects in progress) would be possible if there weren’t clients.
So where do they come from?
Last week I was at Officeworks printing some drawings for a current project and started chatting with the woman at the counter next to me.
‘Ohhhh, that’s a big block’, she said, glancing over, ‘where is that?’
Within 30 seconds we had established that she was looking to buy a block of land in the Dandenongs, that I was an architect, and that maybe fate had brought us together. Maybe it had…
But while I’m waiting, let’s look at the origins of my clients this year:
- W+E Shoe Gallery (see earlier post) – partner delivered the mail to her old shop
- Living Cubed – referral from old business partner
- Inside Henry – friend of a friend
- Hornby of Plenty – friend of a friend (Same friend as 3. She has lots of friends)
- Cranked Macedon – contact via Architours Andy
- Thornbury Three – contact via Architours Esther
- Blazey of Glory (BoG) – follow on from 6.
So the moral of this short tale:
Smile and talk to the person next to you
>>>do this anyway<<<
Opportunities are all around you
If you are not out there you may not see them.